Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another Life Taken Too Soon

My friend and classmate, Brandi Lynn Allen was killed in a car accident this Monday afternoon. I am still in denial. It scares me to know that people's lives can be taken away so easily. The town of Holmen where I grew up has last five students just in the past year. That fact absolutely devastates me. So many young people have died before they even had a chance to grow up and live their lives. Brandi was an outgoing girl who was friendly with everyone. I honestly believe that nobody ever once disliked Brandi. Brandi and I had talked a lot because we had gone to the same school together since kindergarten and because of our love for horses. This is a second student from the class of 2010 who had been killed. The deaths of so many of my friends really make me want to live my life to the fullest. I try not to complain as much either, because my friends are no longer here. No matter what, I could always be in a worse situation. So many of my classmates from Holmen have died. I want to better my life for them. It's true that you should never take anything for granted, and always be thankful for who and what you have in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment