Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tainted Eggs

An estimated 380 million eggs have been recalled last week because of concerns that they were tainted with salmonella. Hundreds of Americans have gotten sick from the tainted eggs. The FDA stated that some of the eggs were not pasteurized. This outbreak of tainted eggs could have been prevented. Thoroughly cooking eggs usually kills the bacteria. But cross contamination usually is the biggest problem. Undercooked food also leaves the consumer at risk for infection. This article grosses me out because I already don't like eggs. I got food poisoning when I was younger and the thought of it still makes me sick. This is another thing that could have been prevented. 380 million eggs is a large number. 
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/08/19/eggs.recall.salmonella/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment